Claim Process for Crime Victims

Claim Denied

Know your rights

If you disagree with a decision the CVCP makes you can send us a written protest or appeal within 90 days of receipt. Your letter should include the reasons you believe the decision is wrong. CVCP will review your letter and respond to you. We do not accept protest or appeals by e-file.

Mail or fax your letter to:
Crime Victims Compensation Program
PO Box 44520
Olympia WA 98504-4520
Fax 360-902-5333

Common reasons we deny a claim:

  • No police report filed.
  • No signature on application.

You can also file an appeal with the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA). If you file an appeal, send it to:

Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
PO Box 42401
Olympia WA 98504-2401.

Or submit your appeal online at Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA) (

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve