Becoming a Training Provider

A school or a program can apply to become an L&I-approved training provider by following the steps below.

Most private vocational schools in Washington State are regulated by Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board (WTECB) or another state agency. This oversight protects workers and ensures quality education.

How does a school apply to become an L&I-approved training provider if it does not have an L&I provider number?

The school must get an L&I provider number to apply:

  1. Apply for licensure with the WTECB (, Department of Licensing (, or another state agency, if not already licensed or accredited.
  2. Fill out the Provider Account Application (F248-011-000).
  3. We will review the application. Once we approve it, the school will receive an L&I provider number.
  4. In some cases, the school will need to fill out a Non-accredited or Unlicensed Training Provider Application Supplemental Requirements form (F280-045-000) to determine whether it qualifies for an L&I provider number.

How can a school become an L&I-approved training provider if it has a current L&I provider number, but is a non-accredited, unlicensed training provider?

The school must reapply every 2 years by filling out the following forms:

How do I find out if an L&I provider number is active?

Contact one of the following:

  • Provider Hotline at 1‑800‑848‑0811.
  • Provider Accounts at 360‑902‑5140.

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve