Parent / School Authorization for Employment of a Minor and Special Variance

Document Information
  Get help downloading & printing files.   How to complete a fillable form.
Title Parent / School Authorization for Employment of a Minor and Special Variance

For legal guardians and school officials to approve the hours and work activities for a minor employee to work according to terms listed by the employer. The Special Variance allows additional hours of work for 16- and 17-year-olds and is described on the form. All parties must sign to approve the hours of work for a minor regardless of the number of hours listed. This is NOT a work permit. Employers must obtain a minor work permit endorsement on their Master Business License where they employ workers under 18.

For hiring youth only during non-school weeks, you may use form F700-168-000 Parent Authorization Summer Work  

Document number F700-002-000
How to get this document
Keywords agriculture, employability status, endorsement, farm labor, farm labor contractor, Minor work application, Minor work authorization, Minor worker, teen worker, teenagers, wage, wage & hour, wage hour
Alt Language(s)
Valid dates 01/2014, 10/2010
Contact information
Related information

Master Business Application

Teens at Work: Facts for Employers, Parents and Teens

Websites Agriculture, Farm Labor Contractors, Teen Worker, Wage & Hour

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

© Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.