Renew online here
Renew your Electrical Contractors' license
An Electrical Contractor's license must be renewed every 2 years.
What you need to renew:
- Save Money! Renew online and pay a reduced renewal fee of $230.20 by credit
You will need
- Your 12-digit license number.
- An active license (not suspended or canceled).
- Required documents on file with the department.
- Email address and phone number.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards.
- Note: We now accept E-Check, a one time withdrawal from your checking account.
- Or at any L&I office pay a renewal fee of $266.20 — Pay by Cash, Check or Credit Card in our field service locations)
Note: You may not renew online if your license has been expired more than 90 days. Fees are nonrefundable after license has been issued. Refund requests
must be made in writing to the department. Mail to L&I, P.O. Box 44460, Olympia,
- The following items must be on file at the department when you renew:
- A current and unimpaired electrical/telecommunication contractors bond or assignment of savings.
- An active electrical administrator/master electrician assigned.
- You must not have any outstanding, unpaid citations with L&I. To check this go online to Look Up Electrical Violations or call L&I's Electrical Program at 360-902-5269.
- If your license is suspended for any reason, you may not renew online
and you must contact us about reinstating it.
What L&I will do
- Verify that the following information is on file with the department:
- All necessary application information.
- Electrical/telecommunication contractor surety bond or assignment of savings account.
- Notarized Assignment of Administrator's/Master Electrician Certificate form.
- No outstanding, unpaid citations with L&I.
- That your Electrical Contractors license is in good standing.
- We will notify you of the action taken on your application within 5
days after we receive the information listed above.