Renew online here
Renew your Telecommunications Contractors' license
The Telecommunications Contractor certificate must be renewed every two (2) years.
What you need to renew
Save Money! Renew online and pay a reduced fee of $230.20. You will need the following:
- Your 12- digit license number.
- An active license (not suspended or canceled).
- Required documents on file with the department.
- You'll be required to provide your email address and phone number.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards.
Note: We now accept E-Check, a one time withdrawal from your checking account.
- Renew by mail and pay the renewal fee of $266.20 by check or money order.
- Mail your renewal and fee to: Department of Labor & Industries, Electrical Program, P.O. Box 44460, Olympia, Washington 98504.
- At any L&I office and pay the renewal fee of $266.20. You can pay by cash, check, money order, or credit card in our field service locations).
Note: You may not renew online if your license has been expired more than 90 days. Fees are nonrefundable after license has been issued. Refund requests must be made in writing to the department. Mail to L&I, P.O. Box 44460, Olympia, Washington 98504-4460.
- The following items must be on file at the department when you renew:
- A current and unimpaired telecommunications contractors
bond or assignment of savings in the amount of $4,000;
- A valid certificate of liability insurance in the amount of $170,000.
- An active telecommunication administrator/master assigned.
- Current list of principals/members of the firm on file with the department.
- To update the information; complete the Update principal/members form and submit to:
Department of Labor & Industries, Electrical Program, P.O. Box 44460, Olympia, Washington 98504.
- You must not have any outstanding, unpaid citations with L&I.
- If your license is suspended for any reason, you may not renew online and you must contact us about reinstating it.
What L&I will do
- Verify that the following information is on file with the department:
- All necessary application information.
- Surety bond or assignment of savings account.
- Notarized Change Assignment of Administrator/Master Certificate form.
- No outstanding, unpaid citations with L&I.
- That your Telecommunications Contractor license is in good standing.
- We will notify you of the action taken on your application within 5 days after we receive the information listed above.