About Recreational Vehicles and Park Trailers

A recreational vehicle is a trailer, camper or motor home used for recreational purposes. Park trailers are a generally larger, house-type trailer.


Most changes to an RV require a permit or inspection. Alterations do not include repair, adjustment and maintenance and modification to fuel-building appliances. Go here to get a permit or call or visit an L&I office near you to schedule an inspection.

How much are the fees?

To help estimate alteration costs, view the fee schedule.

Information for Manufacturers

Call the L&I plan supervisor at 360-902-5218.

Forms related to RVs and recreational park trailers.

Recreational vehicle label

Alteration Insignia

recreational vehichle alteration insignia

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

  © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve