File Intent & Affidavit Forms

Filing Intent & Affidavit forms for public works projects

Affidavit Filing Fee Changes

NOTICE: Starting June 12, a new law eliminates the filing fee for the Affidavit of Wages Paid for contractors with no employee hours to report. For the Statement of Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages, the standard $40 fee remains unchanged. See Questions & Answers - New Affidavit Filing Fee Exemption for more information. If you have questions, please contact the prevailing wage program at 360-902-5335 or

Expand/collapse all

New users

  • Expand/collapse How do I file the forms?
    The public works contract employer can file the Statement of Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages and the Affidavit of Wages Paid form either...
    • online using the Prevailing Wage Intent & Affidavit (PWIA) system (once you've registered), or
    • by completing an original paper form. The paper Intent and Affidavit forms must be printed or filled out in ink and submitted with a check to the address on the back of the form (unless the contractor is exempt from paying the affidavit fee under RCW 39.12.070(3)). Be sure to send us the original document. We will not accept faxed or copied forms. The instructions are included on the form. Download and print paper forms here.
  • Expand/collapse Do I need to register to file online?

    Yes, if you have not yet registered to file Prevailing Wage Intent and Affidavit forms online through the Prevailing Wage Intent & Affidavit (PWIA) system, you can get information about how to do it here.

  • Registered users

  • Expand/collapse How do I submit a form if I'm already registered?

    If you have already registered to file Prevailing Wage Intent and Affidavit forms online, go to Secure Access Washington (SAW) to complete the filing process.

  • Expand/collapse What is the filing fee for each form?

    Each form must be submitted with a $40 filing fee, except in cases exempted under RCW 39.12.070(3). We accept e- checks, as well as Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards to pay the $40 filing fee.

    Visa Card



    American Express




    American Express

  • Expand/collapse Am I exempt from paying the Affidavit fee?

    An Affidavit filing fee exemption applies to contractors performing public works contracts without any prevailing wage eligible employees:

    • Sole owners and their spouses (i.e. owner operators);
    • Any partner who owns 30% or more of a partnership;
    • The President, V.P. and Treasurer of a corporation if each one owns 30% or more;
    • Contractors and subcontractors working under the federal Housing Act of 1937 exemption;
    • Contractors who have no eligible employees (usually because all work was subcontracted.)

    This exemption does not apply for purposes of filing the Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages form. For more information, see Questions & Answers - New Affidavit Filing Fee Exemption.

    Get Help Filing Online

  • Expand/collapse Need help with SecureAccess Washington (SAW)?
    • Visit this website to use the E-mail Form. Select the Prevailing Wage Intents & Affidavits option from the Labor and Industries menu.
    • Phone: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 888-241-7597 (toll free.)
  • Expand/collapse Need help with the PWIA service?
    • E-mail:
    • Phone: Contact the Prevailing Wage Section weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Pacific). Call 360-902-5335.

    Be sure to provide your UBI or SAW log in ID and your telephone number, email address or other contact information.

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

  © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve