Getting Started Filing

Using the Prevailing Wage Intent and Affidavit (PWIA) System

Expand/collapse all

  • Expand/collapse Do I need a Contractor Registration License to use the PWIA system?

    Contractors doing construction trade work in the State of Washington need a Master Business License ( and an L&I Contractor Registration License. Service type subcontractors such as surveyors, building services and truck drivers do not need a contractor registration license. They can register to file online as a non-contractor. The non-contractor alternate registration requires manual approval, but the contractor registration is automatic. When you register to file online as a contractor, you will immediately receive an email message  telling you what your status is and verifying the user name/login ID and password you submitted.

  • Expand/collapse What are the minimum system requirements I need to access PWIA?

    Users with dial-up modems for Internet access may not be efficient because of the large amount of data being processed. All modern Web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari meet the minimum system requirements to allow you to complete filing or enter the system.

  • Expand/collapse How do I access the PWIA system?

    Customers use Secure Access Washington (SAW) to submit their public work forms online.

  • Expand/collapse How do I pay the Intent or Affidavit filing fee?

    Each form must be submitted with a $40 filing fee, except in cases exempted under RCW 39.12.070(3) ( We accept e-checks, as well as Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards to pay the $40 filing fee.

    Visa Card



    American Express




    American Express

  • Instructions for getting started filing Intent and Affidavit forms online.

Adobe PDF file Print Step-By-Step Instructions for Filing with PWIA (2.3 MB PDF).

Need help with SecureAccess Washington (SAW)?

Contact Customer Support at SecureAccess Washington assistance only as follows:

  • Visit this website to use the Email Form. Select the Prevailing Wage Intents & Affidavits option from the Labor & Industries menu.
  • Phone: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 1-888-241-7597 (toll-free).
Need help with PWIA system?
  • Email:
  • Phone: Contact the Prevailing Wage Section weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Pacific). Call 360-902-5335.
Be sure to provide your UBI or SAW log in ID and your telephone number, email address or other contact information.


End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

  © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve