Site Alert

The Provider Directory has been restored, but has limited functionality. We are working to repair the missing features. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Getting Paid

Below are some of the common questions workers and businesses ask L&I.

Expand/collapse all

Getting paid

  • Workers can file a wage complaint if a business does not pay them.
  • Workers can also file a complaint if the business denies other workplace rights that are regulated by the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), such as meal and rest breaks, overtime, family care, etc.
  • Workers can go here to download a Worker Rights Complaint form (F700-148-000) or they can go to their nearest L&I office to get one. Either way, they should mail the completed form or deliver it in person to the nearest L&I office. Find out more about how to file a worker rights complaint here.


For more detail, see L&I Administrative Policies and WACs:
Acrobat PDF file Definition of Wage (ES.A.2). (11 KB PDF)
Adjustments for overpayments - WAC 296-126-030

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve