Home-modification provider

Providing home-modification services in Washington state

When a worker’s residence needs to be structurally changed to meet their needs following a catastrophic injury, home-modification consultants and contractors play a role, along with the worker and their health-care provider.

Requirements for home-modification consultants

    • Be a licensed nurse, occupational therapist, or physical therapist, and
    • Have training or experience in both rehabilitation of catastrophic injuries and modifying homes.

Requirements for contractors

    • Contractors submitting bids on home modifications must be licensed, bonded, and registered.  
    • If a home in another state will be modified, the bidding contractor must comply with that state’s licensing, bonding, and/or registration requirements.

Getting your L&I provider account number

Home modification consultants and contractors must have an L&I provider account number to bill for services.

  • See Becoming an L&I Provider for the steps to get your provider account.
  • If you need assistance with the provider application, contact:
    • Provider Account section 360-902-5410, or
    • Provider Hotline 1-800-848-0811.   

Home modification program

Information about eligibility, requirements, and the process for modifying homes.

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve