Protest L&I Decisions


If you disagree with a decision made by L&I on a claim or payment, you have the right to file a protest with L&I.


If you disagree with L&I's decisions, you may appeal to the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA).

You may appeal directly to the board without first protesting to L&I. However, after receiving your appeal, the board will notify L&I so that we have an opportunity to reconsider our original decision.

For more details

RCW 51.52.060 - Notice of appeal - Time - Cross-appeal - Departmental options

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve