About Verifying Workers' Comp Coverage

Does Your Contractor or Other Employer Have a Paid-Up Workers' Comp Account?

Verify that employers and building trades contractors are registered as a business in Washington and in good standing with L&I by using these online services.


Did you know...
Under Washington State law*, you or your business could be liable for the unpaid workers' compensation (industrial insurance) premiums of any business you hire or contract with. More...
(*RCW 51.12.070)

See more. Verify that an employer's workers' comp coverage is paid up.

Building trades

See more. Verify that a building trades contractor is registered, bonded and insured to work in Washington.

See more. Check L&I's list of infractions issued to building trades contractors and plumbers.

See more. Verify that an employer or independent contractor's Department of Revenue tax registration account is active (dor.wa.gov).

Farm labor contractors

See more. Verify that a Farm Labor Contractor is licensed by Washington State.

About employer and building trades contractor verification services

More information about hiring contractors in Washington State:

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve