L&I Offers Services Regardless of Language Preference

Call to schedule a local office visit

  • Olympia-Tumwater: 360-902-5799
  • Bellevue: 425-990-1400
  • Bellingham: 360-647-7300
  • East Wenatchee: 509-886-6500
  • Everett: 425-290-1300
  • Kelso: 360-575-6900
  • Kennewick: 509-735-0100
  • Montesano: 360-533-8200
  • Moses Lake: 509-764-6900
  • Mount Vernon: 360-416-3000
  • Pullman: 509-334-5296
  • Seattle: 206-515-2800
  • Sequim: 360-417-2700
  • Silverdale: 360-308-2800
  • Spokane: 509-324-2600
  • Tacoma: 509-324-2600
  • Tukwila: 206-835-1000
  • Union Gap: 509-454-3700
  • Vancouver: 360-896-2300

General information

Contact the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries for information about agency programs and services in your language at 1-800-547-8367.

Once you are on the phone, please hold a moment while we call an interpreter to help us. You may learn more about our programs and services listed below and obtain translated documents. This service is free.

Labor & Industries is not associated with the Immigration and Naturalization Service. We will not report an undocumented worker to the federal government or to a local police authority; it is our intent to ensure employees are provided a safe workplace, appropriate wages, and medical coverage if injured.

If you have requested and not received services in your preferred language, please call 1-855-682-0778. Once we receive your complaint, we will review or investigate it.

How can L&I help me?

Our staff can help you understand:

For workers

  • Workers' compensation claims and time loss payments.
  • How to find a doctor.
  • Break and meal period requirements.
  • Minimum wage and overtime pay.
  • How to file a workers' rights complaint.
  • Workplace safety requirements and how to file a workplace safety complaint.
  • How to file a complaint if you have been retaliated against for exercising your right to a safe and healthy workplace.
  • How to file a complaint if your employer retaliates against you for a workplace injury.

For business

  • What to do if your employees are injured.
  • How to request a safety and health consultation.
  • How to file a quarterly report.
  • Safety training materials.
  • Permits and inspections.
  • L&I business requirements.
  • Information for small business owners.

For crime victims

If you are the victim of a violent crime, the Crime Victims Compensation Program may be able to help. Please call 1-800-762-3716 and hold a moment while we call an interpreter to help us.

File a language access or other civil rights complaint

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in any program or activity that receives federal funds or other federal financial assistance.

If you requested and have not received services in your preferred language, or if you feel the Department of Labor & Industries has discriminated against you, please contact the L&I's Civil Rights Complaint Hotline at 1-855-682-0778.

You can also file a discrimination complaint with the following:

Language policy and agreements