The coronavirus disease outbreak (COVID-19) is impacting how we live and work in locations across Washington State.
Listed below is the guidance and resources for COVID-19 topics related to L&I.
L&I Regional Offices
- L&I regional offices are closed to public visits until further notice. Offices can still help you by phone from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays). Use the phone number for your closest regional office, or you can call the Office of Information and Assistance at 360-902-5800.
Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Sick Leave and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses and workers on using paid sick leave during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) scenarios and benefits flyer: A side-by-side comparison tool from the Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD) for workers and employers covering paid sick leave, unemployment insurance, paid family and medical leave, and industrial insurance (workers' comp).
- News release from Governor Jay Inslee and L&I Director Joel Sacks on extending workers' compensation coverage to quarantined health workers and first responders.
- Workers' Compensation Coverage and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses, workers, and providers about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Employers: Can't pay your workers' comp premiums? Help for businesses impacted by the economy during hard times.
Workplace Safety and Health
- Hazard Alert: Employers will play an important role in controlling the spread of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Review of Respiratory Protection for Workers (F414-161-000)
- Don't bend, don't break: Setting up a safe and healthy workspace for teleworking (F417-289-000)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers To Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
- Workplace and Employer Resources & Recommendations (Washington State Department of Health (DOH))
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) safety topic: Additional workplace resources from the L&I Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH), including guidance for construction, grocery workers, and others.