The coronavirus disease outbreak (COVID-19) is impacting how we live and work in locations across Washington State.
Listed below is the guidance and resources for COVID-19 topics related to L&I.
Latest L&I News
- May 28, 2021: Emergency agriculture housing rules updated to reflect new masking and physical distancing guidance
- May 21, 2021: New state workplace masking guidelines help employers, workers adapt to new CDC recommendations
- May 7, 2021: Emergency agriculture housing rules updated to reflect current COVID-19 conditions
- Jan. 27, 2021: COVID-19 safety violations result in large fine for Yakima area fruit company
- Dec. 21, 2020: Central WA farm receives one of the largest worker safety and health fines in state history
- Nov. 20, 2020: COVID-19 workplace safety violators cited and fined for mask violations
L&I Regional Offices
- L&I regional offices are closed to public visits until further notice. Offices can still help you by phone from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays). Use the phone number for your closest regional office, or you can call the Office of Information and Assistance at 360-902-5800.
Workplace Safety and Health
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) safety topic: Industry and topic-based resources, including guidance for health care and other industries that have specific requirements still in effect.
- August 23, 2021: L&I Requirements and Guidance for Preventing COVID-19 (F414-164-000)
- August 16, 2021: Questions and Answers: New Reporting, Notification, and PPE Requirements for Public Health Emergencies Involving Infectious or Contagious Diseases (F414-295-000)
- August 6, 2021: Questions & Answers about Coronavirus and Vaccination for School Scenarios
- June 18, 2021: Questions and Answers: Protecting High-Risk Employees from Discrimination During Public Health Emergencies (F417-291-000)
Masks, face coverings, and respiratory protection
- Which Mask for Which Task (F414-168-000)
- Medical Evaluation Questionnaire for Respirator Use
- Respirator Program Template and Guide for N95 Use
L&I Coronavirus Response Data
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) data dashboard (last updated: Aug. 19, 2021): Coronavirus-related enforcement, inspections, consultations, and workers' compensation claims.
Paid Sick Leave
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccines and Paid Sick Leave Common Questions: Answers for employers and employees on using paid sick leave to receive a vaccine.
- Paid Sick Leave and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses and workers on using paid sick leave during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Paid Leave Under the Washington Family Care Act: Answers for workers on using paid leave covered under the Washington Family Care Act.
- Presumptive Coverage for Health Care and Frontline Workers: Answers to questions about workers’ compensation coverage for health care and frontline workers during a public health emergency, such as the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Workers' Compensation Coverage and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses, workers, and providers about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Self-Insurance and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for self-insured businesses about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Common Questions About Coronavirus (COVID-19) From Businesses With Workers' Compensation Insurance Through L&I
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Health Care Providers
Coronavirus Information in Other Languages
- Información sobre el coronavirus (COVID-19) en español
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information in 36 languages