{"route":"/fraud/claim-suppression","filename":"","description":" Claim Suppression Has your employer prevented you from filing a claim for your workplace injury? If so, you have rights under Washington state law. You have the right to file a workers\u2019 compensation claim for medical care and other benefits to help you recover from a workplace injury. Your employer cannot prevent or try to prevent you from filing the claim. You have 1 year from the date you were injured to file a workers\u2019 compensation claim. If your employer prevents or tries to prevent you ...","title":"Claim Suppression"}
{"route":"/workers-rights/workplace-complaints/safety-complaints","filename":"","description":" How to report If you see a worker in immediate danger and need help, call us at 1-800-423-7233  right away. When reporting, you can: Call 1-800-423-7233. Fill out a DOSH Complaint Form and: Submit the form to our secure file upload. You can also use this link to send us photos, videos, documents, and all other supporting information along with your form.  or Mail or Fax it to your local L&I office NOTE: To fill out this form using a smartphone or tablet, you may need the free Adobe Fill and ...","title":"Safety Complaints"}
{"route":"/claims/for-workers/claim-benefits","filename":"","description":" What's Covered? L&I or your self-insured employer can approve your claim if your doctor certifies that you were injured at a specific time and place at work, or have an occupational disease. If your claim is approved, you may be eligible for a variety of benefits, including medical care, if it's directly related to your injury. In some cases, we may provide wage replacement, return-to-work help and disability or pensions for the severely injured. ","title":"Claim Benefits"}
{"route":"/claims/for-workers/file-a-claim/claim-reopenings","filename":"","description":" If your injury or occupational disease worsens, you and your doctor may apply to reopen your claim (F242-079-000). There must be objective medical evidence that after your claim has closed, the condition caused by the original workplace injury has worsened and needs more medical attention. If your original doctor is not in our network, encourage them to join, or use our Find a Doctor tool to get a new one. How long you have to apply after your claim has closed depends on what benefits you seek:...","title":"Claim Reopenings"}
{"route":"/claims","filename":"","description":" Claims If you are injured at work or develop a work-related illness, workers' compensation pays for medical care directly related to your accident or illness. Featured Content Getting Back to Work You and your employer can work together to find light duty work while you heal. Crime Victims: Who Can File and What is Covered. If you've been injured or traumatized as a result of a violent crime in Washington State, we may be able to help you. Protest or Appeal a Claim Decision All parties to a ...","title":"Claims"}
{"route":"/workers-rights/workplace-complaints/worker-rights-complaints","filename":"","description":" The state\u2019s Wage Payment Act provides basic rights for you as an employee. It also provides a way to file a worker rights complaint if you believe your rights have been violated. If you believe your workplace rights have been violated, there are three ways you can file a complaint: File a Worker Rights Complaint online, Download and mail a completed Worker Rights Complaint form, or Visit your nearest L&I office. You can file a worker rights complaint with L&I in the following areas: Wage Issues...","title":"Worker Rights Complaints"}
{"route":"/workers-rights/workplace-complaints/protected-leave-complaints","filename":"","description":" You have certain rights under the law that allow you to take time away from work that is safe from retaliation or discrimination from an employer \u2013 this is called protected leave. Under protected leave, you have the right to return to the same job and employment terms you had before you took leave. It is against the law for a business to fire or otherwise retaliate against a worker for filing a complaint about a possible violation of their protected leave rights. State law allows protected ...","title":"Protected Leave Complaints"}
{"route":"/claims/for-medical-providers/filing-claims/online-claim-filing","filename":"","description":" About Streamlining L&I claims: FileFast is an L&I system for workers, medical providers, and employers to report worker's compensation claims online. File a claim online with FileFast (24-hours per day). Workers can also file by phone at 1-877-561-FILE (3453) Monday \u2013 Friday, 8 a.m. \u2013 5 p.m. Why is L&I offering online filing? Web and phone filing are part of L&I's effort to reduce delays in claim management. More complete and accurate information up front speeds up claim processing. Research ...","title":"Online Claim Filing"}
{"route":"/safety-health/safety-research/ongoing-projects/wmsd-claim-tracking","filename":"","description":" Overview WMSD Claim Tracking What are work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs)? WMSDs are conditions that disturb or disrupt the functions of the musculoskeletal system, and are caused or exacerbated by work. These conditions typically affect soft tissues such as joints, nerves, tendons, ligaments, muscles, blood vessels, cartilage, or spinal discs. WMSDs can be painful and debilitating. WMSDs occur when the physical requirements (intensity, frequency, and duration) of the job exceed the ...","title":"WMSD Claim Tracking"}
{"route":"/claims/for-workers/file-a-claim","filename":"","description":" L&I has limited capacity to respond to phone calls due to the coronavirus outbreak response. It may take longer than normal to return phone calls and other communications. We encourage you to access our online services. If you have difficulty reaching an L&I claim manager, please contact us through L&I\u2019s Claim & Account Center. Before your claim is filed you should: get medical help, and tell your employer. If you work for a self-insured employer, you must file your claim with them. Contact ...","title":"File a Claim"}