Streamlining L&I claims:
FileFast is an L&I system for workers, medical providers, and employers to report worker's compensation claims online. File a claim online with FileFast (24-hours per day).
Workers can also file by phone at 1-877-561-FILE (3453) Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Why is L&I offering online filing?
- Web and phone filing are part of L&I's effort to reduce delays in claim management.
- More complete and accurate information up front speeds up claim processing.
- Research shows early claim reporting reduces overall claim costs.
Attend a webinar:
Want to learn more about FileFast? Attend a live webinar. Webinars take place on the second Wednesday of every month.
Health Care Providers Can Now File a Report of Accident Online
Health care providers can now file accident reports online with FileFast. Workers can still complete paper reports in your office, and you can submit them as you do now.
We hope you'll team up with us to help workers
Workers can file a State Fund accident report online with FileFast or by phone at 1-877-561-FILE (3453) or 360-902-5410. We collect more information than the paper report. By getting complete and accurate information early in the life of a claim, we can speed up decisions and care. Online filing is available 24-hours and our call center is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Benefits for workers
- Easy to file an accident report.
- Speeds up claim receipt.
- Medical treatment authorized faster.
- Pharmacists can fill second prescriptions.
- Faster access to the claim in My L&I.
Benefits for health care providers
- Immediate confirmation of receipt.
- More space to provide medical information.
- Faster authorization for treatment and prescription refills.
- Increases accuracy (reduces common mistakes).
- $10 additional reimbursement for online filing (code 1040M).
- The provider is instantly assigned to the claim.
- Quick access to the claim in My L&I.
Health care providers can use FileFast in several ways
The provider can choose from several options with online filing:
- The worker completes the accident report online or by phone prior to the first visit. The provider completes the medical section of the report online.
- The provider and the worker complete a paper accident report at the first visit. The provider enters the entire accident report (worker and provider sections) online and then faxes the paper copy with the worker's signature to us.
- The worker completes the paper accident report at the first visit. The provider enters the entire report (worker and provider sections) online without completing the paper copy of the accident report. The provider writes on the paper portion of the accident report “see online” and then faxes the paper copy with the worker's signature to us.
- A worker completes the accident report online or by phone prior to the first visit. The provider completes the medical section of the report by pen and submits it by fax. The provider cannot claim the incentive for filing the claim online.
Even if your office isn't ready to file online, educate your L&I patients that they can speed up their claims by filing online before or after their appointment.
Work with us to hold down claim costs
- Workers employed by State Fund employers can now file claims online. Workers without computer access or who need an interpreter can file by phone instead at 1-877-561-FILE (3453).
- Health care providers on State Fund claims can also file online.
- Employers statewide can file the Employer Report of Accident online.
Benefits for employers if their workers file online or by phone
- Faster claims, which will help reduce costs.
- More information collected up front to help determine if the injury is work-related.
- Early access to the claim file to assist with light- or modified-duty return to work.
- Claims that could be the most costly are highlighted so that L&I quickly can offer special services to help with return to work.
How you can promote FileFast with your workers
- Tell your workers about filing online or by phone.
- Display educational materials at job sites and hand out wallet cards reminding workers how to file.
- Offer a computer in the workplace for workers to file online or, if it's not feasible to file at work, encourage workers to file at home.
Tools to Help Promote FileFast
FileFast materials tell workers about the benefits of filing their claims online or by phone and remind them of the importance of staying in contact with their employer and L&I.
Who should use educational materials?
- Health care providers.
- State Fund employers.
- Industry, trade, or labor associations.
What free educational materials are available?
You can order materials from the L&I warehouse, or download and print them yourself:
- FileFast poster (F242-399-000).
- FileFast postcard handout (F242-398-000) for workers.
- Wallet card (F242-400-000) for workers (en español (F242-404-999)).
Learn more about FileFast
- Attend a live webinar. Webinars take place on the second Wednesday of every month.