Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 296-62-50055(2)(a) establishes a Hazardous Drug Advisory Committee. The purpose of the Hazardous Drug Advisory Committee is to discuss the following:
- New recommendations from the National Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (NIOSH).
- Scientific and technological developments.
- Other unanticipated issues related to implementation of the hazardous drug handling rule.
The Advisory Committee may provide recommendations to the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) regarding appropriate actions. Any recommendations are advisory only. The committee may establish subcommittees and task forces to address specific issues.
No upcoming meetings at this time.
Previous meeting minutes
- Search for Hazardous Drugs Resources
- Employee safe handling of Hazardous Chemotherapy Drugs
- Notes from the April 15th Conference call with NIOSH (Dr. Tom Connor)
- Firouzan 'Fred' Massoomi, Pharm.D., FASHP Nebraska Pharmacists Association, Nebraska Methodist Hospital."
- Experiences with implementing a hazardous drug program that followed the NIOSH Guide at the Nebraska Methodist Hospital and its clinics - lessons learned."
- Nursing And USP <800>: What’s different from NIOSH and WA Law?
Alex Truchot, MM, HEM
Director, WPS/EH&S/Emergency Management
Kaiser Permanente - Renton Campus Baker
1300 SW 27th ST, Renton WA 98057-9813
PO Box 9813, RCB-C3W-10 Cube: 3W056
Office: 206-603-3904 |Cell: 253-350-9396