Can You Spot The Hazards?
This month’s calendar photo focuses on hazards involved with welding. Welding fumes put unprotected workers at risk. This month’s photo highlights the need for good ventilation and a full exposure control plan for your worksite.
This photo has been staged to show a number of safety hazards and dangerous work habits. See how many you can find! The answer key can be found in the back pages of the calendar.
Resources To Help You:
- What’s Wrong with This Photo? (WorkSafeBC interactive link for this month’s photo)
- Welding, Cutting & Brazing rules and requirements (WAC 296-24-680)
- PPE for Welding and Cutting (American Welding Society)
- Personal Protective Equipment web page
- Welding Ergonomics Tip Sheet (Canadian Center for Occupational Health & Safety)
- Hexavalent Chromium Exposure Control Best Practices for Welders (HexChEC – SHIP Grant product)
- DOSH Consultation
How Can I Get A Calendar?
The 2022 Spot the Hazards calendar is available!
- Download the 2022 Spot the Hazards calendar here.
- Get a copy from your local DOSH Compliance inspector or DOSH Consultant.
- If you’re attending an in-person conference or event and we’re there exhibiting, stop by our booth and pick one up.
- Call your local office for help in getting a calendar.
How Are You Utilizing These Photos In Your Workplace?
Email us at EyeOnSafety@Lni.wa.gov or follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share how you’re using the photos in your workplace to engage your workers and bring about hazard awareness and injury/illness prevention. Use the hashtag #SpotTheHazards and tag @WorkSafeBC @LniWA on Twitter.
Now would be a perfect time to schedule a free confidential DOSH Consultation to assist you with your annual review/update of your company’s written safety and health programs, and perform a walk-through with you to find and fix hazards in your workplace. For more information, or to request their assistance visit www.Lni.wa.gov/DOSHConsultation.