- Retro forms and publications
- Resources for electronic report users
- Retro premium calculator
- Retro program rules
- Dates and deadlines affecting Retro participants
- Retrospective Rating newsletter
- Contact Retrospective Rating
Retro forms and publications
- Individual Retrospective Rating Plan Agreement (F250-003-000)
- Application for Group Retrospective Rating (F250-004-000)
- Application for Group Membership and Authorization for Release of Insurance Data (F250-016-000)
Español (Spanish) (F250-016-999)
- Retrospective Rating Adjustment Protest (F250-024-000)
- Is Retrospective Rating Right for You? (F250-006-000)
Español (Spanish) (F250-006-999)
- Group vs. Individual Retrospective Rating Participation (F225-016-000)
- Retrospective Rating Enrollment Decisions (F225-017-000)
- Keys to Retro Success (F225-018-000)
Español (Spanish) (F225-018-999)
- Evaluating Retro Groups (F225-019-000)
Español (Spanish) (F225-019-999)
- Retrospective Rating Business & Industry Category Guide (F250-025-000)
- Protesting Retro Adjustments (F250-027-000)
Resources for electronic report users
- Data fields for the adjustment report, updated September 2014
- Data fields for the monthly report
- Data fields for the quarterly report
- How to download and import your Retro data files (for new users), updated March 2018
For use with downloadable data files and electronic reports:
- Column headers template for the adjustment report, last updated August 2018
- Column headers template for the monthly report, last updated May 2019
- Column headers master template for quarterly report and data files (includes data element definitions for factors & premium report), last updated May 2019
Retro premium calculator
- Current Retro Premium Calculator, updated November 2021; this applies to coverage periods beginning July 1, 2017, and later. This calculator assists in projecting future retro performance (though projections are not guaranteed). Please email us with any questions about the calculator.
- Retro Premium Calculator, updated July 2017. This premium calculator is meant to be used only for coverage periods from July 2014 through April 2017. Unlike the current premium calculator above, this calculator does not reflect subsequent changes to the Retro insurance tables and single loss limit program rules.
Retro program rules
The rules governing Retrospective Rating can be found in the Washington Administrative Code (WAC):
- Chapter 296-17B: Retrospective rating for workers' compensation insurance.
- Section 296-17B-900: Retrospective rating plans standard premium size ranges.
- Section 296-17-901: Risk classification hazard grouping table.
Calendar of dates and deadlines affecting Retro participants
Significant dates and deadlines, as well as the schedule of Retro reports, can be found in our annual Retro dates and deadlines calendar (updated November 2021).
Retrospective rating newsletter
Subscribers to the L&I Retro News mailing list will typically receive 6–8 messages a month, with news, updates, and information about issues affecting Retro participants. Sign up here to receive our email bulletins.