The Washington State Legislature formed the Industrial Insurance Chiropractic Advisory Committee (IICAC) in 2007 to “...advise the department on matters related to the provision of safe, effective, and cost-effective chiropractic treatments for injured workers.”
The IICAC’s charge is to:
- Develop evidence-based resources to assist provider delivery of high quality care for injured workers.
- Advise on quality of care issues.
- Provide peer review and assist in resolution of controversies.
- Develop and oversee the chiropractic consultant and IME training programs.
- Advise the department on policies related to conservative care of injured workers.
- Coordinate with state health technology programs.
Procedures for Observing and Providing Input
Industrial Insurance Chiropractic Advisory Committee (IICAC) meetings are open public meetings with notices published in the Washington State Register and repeated below. Members of the public may attend full IICAC meetings without advance notice.
For in-person meetings, agency requirements state that for staff and contractors, mask use is not required, but is encouraged. If a public member attends (masked or not), all agency staff and contractors must wear masks. Social distancing will be maintained within the conference room.
To give oral comments at a full IICAC meeting:
- Sign in with your name, who you represent, and contact information.
To give a presentation with audiovisual materials or handouts:
- Provide copies to the Department at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting. Presentations will be limited to 3 minutes.
Note: The meeting will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. over Zoom. To join the meeting, click the meeting link in the agenda. If you have any questions, please contact Tiffany Meeks at IIHCAC@Lni.wa.gov.
- April 20, 2023
July 20, 2023
Oct. 12, 2023
*approx. until agenda is posted
Previous meeting agendas and minutes:
Draft work products that impact department policy will be posted below before final acceptance by IICAC. Written comments received at least 2 weeks prior to IICAC meetings are available to the committee. We invite your input using mail, fax or email as below. Oral comment is welcome at full IICAC meetings.
Drafts for Public Comment
Public Comment Responses
None at this time
Submit Written Public Comment
Send written comments by using one of the following:
- By mail:
- Morgan Young, DC
Office of the Medical Director
PO Box 44321
Olympia WA 98504-4321
- Morgan Young, DC
- By fax:
- 360-902-6315 (Comments submitted by fax must be 10 pages or less.)
- By electronic mail:
Practice Resources for Attending Providers
L&I offers up to 3 hours of online continuing education credit for successfully completing each quiz associated with a resource. Practices Resources are located in the Treatment Guidelines and Resources section.
The Industrial Insurance Chiropractic Advisory Committee has 9 members who practice in Washington state. The LNI Director, who considers nominations from recognized statewide chiropractic groups (such as the Washington State Chiropractic Association), appoints members.
Current IICAC members are:
- David Folweiler, DC (Chair)
- Michael Dowling, DC (Vice-chair)
- Michael Covington, DC
- Kelly Golob, DC
- Wini Hamilton, DC
- Aaron Jorgensen, DC
- Sandra Lester, DC
- Michael Pettet, DC
- Matthew Waldron, DC
RCWs, WACs, and Bylaws
- WAC 296-20-0100 for IICAC (app.leg.wa.gov)
- RCW 51.36.015 Chiropractic care and evaluation
- RCW 51.36.060 Duties of attending physician
- RCW 51.36.150 Industrial insurance chiropractic advisory committee
- WAC 296-20 Medical aid rules
- WAC 296-21 Reimbursement policies: Psychiatric services, biofeedback, physical medicine.
- WAC 296-23 Radiology, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine, pathology, hospital, chiropractic, physical therapy, drugless therapeutics and nursing -- Drugless therapeutics, etc.
- WAC 296-27 Recordkeeping and reporting