Health Care Organizations Can Share Data With Us!
Benefits of sharing data through HIE
- Streamlines your patient work flow. Providers complete workers' compensation information within the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system; an automated extract delivers the data to L&I.
- Ensures that the data in our system matches yours, so that communication with us and billing are easier.
- Eliminates the need to retain paper copies of workers' compensation forms.
- Eliminates costs for faxing and mailing.
- Easier to track worker status.
Additional benefits for providers participating in Centers of Occupational Health and Education (COHEs) and other incentive programs
- Improves timeliness and completeness. Set up automated business rules which improve provider performance measures.
- Faster alerts to health services care coordinators, helping them respond to workers' needs quickly.
- Report of Accident (ROA)
- Activity Prescription Form (APF)
- Claim Information
L&I is currently working on an implementation guides for the provider chart note and pre-authorization transactions.
Questions About Health Information Exchange
Any health care organization can include L&I forms in their electronic medical records system (EMRs), extract that information, and send it to L&I.
Step 1: Contact OneHealthPort (www.onehealthport.com) to understand the services they provide. You'll have to register for OneHealthPort software to send and receive health care information securely.
Step 2: Include the L&I data in your electronic medical records system (EMRs).
Step 3: Go to the HIE Supported Transactions page for the implementation guides which explain how to send and receive data.
Step 4: Contact L&I's HIE Support team at the email address below for additional documentation, such as Production Migration or Quick Start documentation.