Learn more about our Physical Medicine Best Practices Project:
We are collaborating with community experts to implement best practices that ensure workers receive:
- Effective physical and occupational therapy services.
- Clinically meaningful improvement in function.
- Focusing on return to work.
Community Experts: the Therapy Stakeholder's Group
- Josh Cobbley, Northwest Return to Work
- Lori Stephens, Valley Medical Center
- Tyrees Marcy, Olympic Sports and Spine Rehabilitation
- Teri Jo Lientz, Strive Physical Rehabilitation
- Lee Caton, PINN Rehabilitation
- Bob Hoctor, Summit Rehabilitation
- Megan Milyard, Kitsap Physical Therapy
- Lynda White, CAPEN
- Danielle Wojtkiewicz, RET Physical Therapy
Upcoming meetings (Open to the public)
Date: February 13, 2020
Time: 9 am - 12 pm
Location: Tukwila L&I Office, 12806 Gateway Drive S., Tukwila, WA 98802
Past meeting minutes (the last twelve months) *
* To request all the meeting notes, please contact the physical medicine email or phone number below.
Physical Medicine Resources:
Industrial Insurance Chiropractic Advisory Committee (IICAC) Resources:
Physical medicine best practices and progress report form are now available
- Use by physical and occupational therapists
- Standard outpatient therapy services
Use of the progress report form is currently voluntary, but it will transition into a required form later this year.
The benefits of the form include:
- Using a standardized format
- Promoting best practices
Those practices include:
- Communicating with the attending provider and others involved in the claim
- Patient engagement
- Tracking functional outcomes and documentation
If you would like to learn more, visit our Physical Medicine project web page.
For additional information, you can contact the project team at therapy@Lni.wa.gov or 360-902-9115.