Who can be a vocational provider?
A firm or individual approved by L&I, who meets the requirements in WAC 296-19A-210, may serve workers covered by L&I or self-insured employers. This includes individuals and firms that:
- Work in other settings, such as pain clinics or hospitals.
- Work in Washington and out of state.
How to apply
Fill out a Vocational Provider Application (F252-088-000).
- Firms (payee provider) complete 1 application.
- Individuals (service provider) complete an application for each firm they work with.
For example, if you work for 3 firms, submit 3 applications to get 3 provider numbers.
- If you are serving workers covered by L&I, we limit where you can receive referrals to 3 contiguous service locations.
- Allow us about 10 days to process your application.
Notify us if your status changes
If your status changes, you must notify us. Use this chart to find where to send your information.
If you have questions, please call Private Sector Rehabilitation Services at 360-902-6756.
Here are some examples of changes in status:
- You are leaving your employer, are retiring, or will no longer will be available at a service location.
- You have changes to your name, primary branch, email, or address.
- You need to update your credential.
Individuals: Individual Vocational Provider Account Change Form (F252-021-000).
Firms: Firm Vocational Provider Account Change Form (F252-022-000).
As a vocational provider, you’ll use L&I’s systems to review claim files and manage referrals. The 2 systems described below will give you the access you need.
Claim & Account Center
Use the Claim & Account Center to:
- View claim documents and L&I's notes about the claim.
- View all the worker’s other open or closed claims.
- Click on the link on the Current Claim Status page labeled ‘Check for other claims for this worker’.
- You won’t have access to submit transactions on claims with no open referral.
- View your Vocational Performance Profile.
- Find out if L&I has authorized treatment or paid a bill.
- Send a monthly progress report.
- Send messages to State Fund claim managers using 1 of 4 electronic vocational messages (EVOC):
- Worker has returned to work.
- Worker is non-cooperative.
- Request for good-cause extension.
- Request L&I action.
This online service allows you to:
- Receive referrals from us.
- Make vocational recommendations.
Contact us for help
New user setup
Email: Web Customer Support
Revoked VocLink or LINIIS user IDs or passwords
Email: L&I Help Desk
The Vocational Technical Stakeholders Group (VTSG) maintains ongoing collaboration between L&I and vocational rehabilitation providers.
- Give feedback on proposals related to current and emerging issues.
- Serve as a professional resource on vocational rehabilitation issues to help inform L&I's policy and program decision-making.
VTSG meetings are open to the public. Time for public comments is reserved at the end of each meeting.
VTSG meeting schedule
All meetings begin at 10 a.m. Ending times vary depending on the agenda.
- July 23, 2019, in Tukwila
- Oct. 2, 2019 Canceled
- Jan. 22, 2020 Canceled
- April 7, 2020 Canceled
Find our office locations.
2020 VTSG meeting agendas
2019 VTSG meeting notes
How to bill L&I – in general
- Learn how to bill L&I or get a payment adjusted.
- Learn about Provider Express Billing.
- If you want to send L&I a paper bill, use the Statement for Miscellaneous Services (F245-072-000).
Vocational billing policies and rules
- To review L&I’s vocational payment policy, see Billing & Payment Policies Chapter 30: Vocational Services.
- The "Billing and Documentation Section" of Chapter 296‑19A WAC outlines the legal requirements and procedures for billing for vocational services.