When to request an adjustment
- If you made a mistake when you billed L&I and it caused an underpayment or overpayment.
- If we paid an entire bill in error and you want us to reverse the charges.
How to submit an adjustment
If you submitted your bill by way of:
- Clearinghouse or your own software - Submit an adjustment transaction through your clearinghouse or software program. If you need additional assistance, please contact your clearinghouse or software vendor.
- Direct Entry – please follow the instructions in the Adjust, Submit, or Void a Direct Entry Bill (F245-437-000) document.
- Paper – Complete a Provider’s Request for Adjustment form (F245-183-000).
For more information about billing electronically, please visit our Provider Express Billing (PEB) page.
When to re-bill
- If the entire bill has denied.
- If your bill was denied due to lack of authorization see retrospective authorization.
Disagreements with L&I
If you disagree with an L&I decision, you can protest or appeal.
- For information on your rights, see your remittance advice or Protest L&I Decisions.