Contact Us

We are here to help you.


Issues with the management of your workers’ compensation claim?

  • Find out if your employer is self-insured. If they are self-insured, first contact your employer directly.
  • If you disagree with how your self-insured claim is being managed, contact L&I at 360-902-6901.
  • The Ombudsman for Self-Insured Injured Workers is available to help with self-insured workers' compensation issues.

Change of address?

  • If your address changes, you must notify your employer or their third party administrator in writing. Refer to the self-insured employers list for contact information.
  • L&I accepts change of address requests in writing. Please include your L&I claim number.
  • Submit documents to L&I via mail or fax:

Self-Insurance Program
Department of Labor & Industries
PO Box 44892
Olympia WA 98504‑4892

Fax: 360‑902‑6900

Sign up for our email distribution list to receive updates regarding Self-Insurance.

Employers or TPAs

IMPORTANT: Employers must report the death or in-patient hospitalization of any employee to L&I (within 8 hours) and any non-hospitalized amputation or loss of an eye (within 24 hours) due to an on-the-job injury by calling 1-800-423-7233, option 1.

See Workplace Injuries & Fatalities for more information.

Contact us

Printable phone list for the Self-Insurance Program



Fax: 360-902-6650


Claim-specific questions:
Call 360-902-6901 and ask for the claim adjudicator assigned to the claim.

General claim questions:

Continuing Claims Administrators’ Education questions:


Medical Bill EDI

State Fund Department of Labor & Industries
Claim Account Center (CAC)
Automated claim information is available by calling (800) 831-5227
Employer Services (360) 902-4817

Mailing List

The Self-Insurance mailing list provides updates on important issues that impact self-insured employers, third party administrators, and workers.

Sign up for our email distribution list to receive updates regarding Self-Insurance.