Covid-19 Related News
- Commercial Driver License in-cab testing and training guidelines.
- Essential Programs 4-29-20.
- Phase 1 Higher Education COVID-19 Safety Requirements.
Laws (RCWs) and Rules (WACs)
The following are reformatted versions of the WAC, RCW, and CFRs:
Washington State Code Reviser Versions - The Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and Revised Code of Washington (RCW) are maintained and updated by the State Office of the Code Reviser. If you receive an error message when referencing a link to a specific section of a WAC or RCW, try your search at the Washington State Legislature.
- Apprenticeship Rules: Chapter 296-05 WAC.
- Apprenticeship Act: Chapter 49.04 RCW.
- Industrial Insurance: RCW 51.12.130: Registered apprentices or trainees.
Apprentice labor hour requirements on public works projects
RCW 39.04.320: Apprenticeship training programs — Public works contracts — Adjustment of specific projects — Report and collection of agency data — Apprenticeship utilization advisory committee created.
Federal regulations governing apprenticeship
- Labor Standards for the Registration of Apprenticeship Programs.
- Department of Labor Employment Law Guide: Laws, Regulations, and Technical Assistance.
- 29 CFR Part 29: Labor Standards for the Registration of Apprenticeship Programs.
- 29 CFR Part 30: Equal Employment Opportunity in Apprenticeship and Training.
- The Fitzgerald Act: The National Apprenticeship Act.
If you have problems getting to these CFRs, go to U.S. Department of Labor Laws and Regulations.
Administrative policies (State) - Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council (WSATC)
- WSATC Admin Policy 2017-01: Temporary Variance to Certify Electrical Trainees.
- WSATC Admin Policy 2016-01: First Full Training Cycle Definition.
- WSATC Admin Policy 2015-01: Compliance Policy.
- WSATC Admin Policy 2014-02: Granting Credit in Licensed Occupations.
- Requesting Certificates of Meritorious Service from the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council (WSATC) (Jan 2014).
- WSATC Admin Policy 2012-03: Apprenticeship Preparation Program Recognition.
- WSATC Admin Policy 2012-01: Special circumstances allowing for the registration of apprentices when an apprenticeship program is under Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council registration limitation.
- WSATC Admin Policy 2011-03: Clarification on the definition of "Service Work" in regards to supervision as contained in apprenticeship standards.
- WSATC Admin Policy 2011-02: Safety Consultation Services for Related Supplemental Instruction (RSI) Facilities.
- WSATC Admin Policy 2004-01: Final Orders.
- WSATC Admin Policy 2003-01: Process for Objections to Apprenticeship Program Standards.
Electrical minimum guideline standards
- Inside Electrician Minimum Guideline Standards.
- Limited Energy Electrician Minimum Guideline Standards.
- Residential Electrician Minimum Guideline Standards.
Registered Youth Apprenticeship Standards
- Apprenticeship Reciprocal Agreement Between Washington, Oregon, and Montana. Effective July 1, 2013.
- Apprentice Utilization Information Apprentice Utilization Requirements (AURs) require a certain percentage of labor hours for a given construction project be performed by Washington State registered and/or approved apprentices.
Contact us if you need these documents in other formats or paper copies.